Monday, November 25, 2013

Wood Inlay Tags

Welcome blog friends:

I have to apologize for this very short post.  I just couldn't wait to share this very cool technique that I have been experimenting with. I stumbled on a tutorial (which I can't find right at the moment, but I will keep looking for it) whereby the tag was made using a piece of wood paper. Well I couldn't find any paper but did find very thin veneer.  Well it worked!  Shreek!  


A piece of very thin 1/32 birch wood veneer was die cut using a memory box die.  I carefully inked the die cut piece and then "inlayed" it back into the wood tag.  To keep the cut image from popping back out I covered the tag back with a piece of adhesive.  Distress inks were used to colour the die cut.  Please ignore the smudge that I got when stamping my sentiment.  I'll figure out a way to conceal that :) ha.

Ohhh I can't wait to try some more dies.  Here's another one.


No comments:

Post a Comment