Saturday, December 21, 2013

Knit CASology 75

Welcome friends:

I was MIA last week as I had some out of town guests.  All caught up now - just a couple of last minute Christmas preparations.

Okay so back to blogging and challenges - this weeks' CASology challenge is:


I was so impressed and inspired by the knitting done on Meghan's card so I thought I'd give it a try.  Knit a mini sweater NOT GONNA HAPPEN but a few stitches - I CAN DO THAT ...ha ha.  Honestly, I've been wanting to give mini knitting for cards a try and this was my window of opportunity :)

So here's my submission - I just love it  :)


The background stamp is cover-a-card by impression obsession called Nordic Stripes. Using ranger perfect medium, white card base was heat embossed using rich red e/p.  The mini knitting needles are tooth picks with crafting beads.  I casted on some stitches using crochet yarn and "ever so carefully" knitted a few rows.  To give my card a vintage feel I tied a couple of bows using cheesecloth and hemp cord.  Walnut stain was used to give my card an aged look.  The sentiment is from CTMH Captured Moments.  I am hooked, love the tiny knitting :)

Thanks for stopping by.

2 comments:

  1. I also was so SMITTEN with the KNITTIN' on Meghan's card - and yours is such a great one too!!!!!!!!! The wonderful Nordic Stripes, and that great little touch of the caps on the end of the knitting needles- WAY COOL!! LOVE. LOVE the frame behind it, it just really sets it off!
    Thanks for adding this to the CASology Gallery and joining us this week! It is a pure joy to see all the entries and just perusing them as I listen to Christmas Music!
    Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Trish, I give you a lot of credit, I don't think I could even knit THAT much! Your card is so adorable, so colorful and warm! Thanks for joining us at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete